Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Day 2-Reception In-Processing

22 June 2011

I woke up at 0400 this AM and was wondering why my body was sore. Then I realized the pain was confined to by left butt cheek! The penicillin shot had definitely left its mark! Formation was a 0430 and as soon as we got lined up we were told to go clean the barracks til 0530. The company was taken to chow at 0530 and again was in and out in 30 minutes (all 300 marched, fed, and marched out in 30 minutes...unheard of).

Alpha company was then taken to Reception to continue our in-processing. This included dental exams, hearing tests, and financial briefings.  Chow was at 12:30 and again we efficiently ate and left. The company marched back to the reception building and took our individual pictures for our military ID as well as pictures for us to order. After that, the company went to a holding room in order for soldiers who had problems during in-processing to get things sorted out.

Chow was at 18:00 this evening. After chow we were taken back to the barracks and were told to clean till 20:00 hours. I was ready to hit the bed tonight after a long day. Luckily I have my flash light that will clip to my bunk to write these blogs for Jesica to post. When the drill sergeants say lights out they mean it!

I am starting to get to know some of my fellow Alpha Company members. A lot of them are questioning me about joining at 29 years old. I love hearing their background and their stories from some of their own personal experiences. Many of them seem to know a lot about the Army. So far so good!

One thing I did forget to mention about yesterday was that I received that military haircut! Shaved with no guard on the clippers! It has been a while since my hair has been like this, but at least it's maintenance free!


Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment