Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 7

I was able to catch an extra hour of sleep this AM since wake-up was at 0530. Since I had "fire guard" last night I really netted no extra hours. Oh well, it made me feel a little better about laying in my bunk until 0530. Formation was at 0600. Chow was delicious as I had the biscuits and gravy! I am planning on writing a separate blog about chow and other things I may have missed this week.

Today was the same as yesterday. We had classes on Customs and Courtesies of the Military, a Drill and Ceremony class, as well as reviewing the Soldiers Creed, the Army Values, and the Army Song. We then went outside to practice some of the Drill and Ceremony (DNC).

The heat of Ft. Benning, GA showed up today. After several days of overcast weather, it finally made it to 95 degrees. A guy passed out in our company from the heat, or so we thought. Come to find out, he had a really high temperature from being sick.

We made it to the barracks around 0800 tonight ater several briefings. No fire guard for me tonight so I am planning on getting a good nights sleep.

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment