Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Final Full Day of Reception

27 June 2011

Today was no surprise. Wake-up at 0400 and chow at 0640. We went back to the Reception building to receive another haircut. I could not believe how much my hair had actually grown over the past 6 days. That took forever because two companies (550+ soldiers) had to get this done. Chow was at 1200 and we also got to visit the PX. We were briefed by a U.S. Army Ranger from the 75th Ranger Regiment. He basically was promoting the program and outlined the requirements. I don't think this is for me. National Guard is not eligible anyway because it is for active soldiers only.

Right before chow, me and three other Officer Candidate School Candidates got to sit and talk with the Alpha Company commander, Captain Stephens. He had all sorts of good info for us and was really encouraging about not only the Army but how to balance military and civilian life in general.

Our company ships at 14:00 tomorrow to Basic Combat Training. I hope to get to talk to Jesica tomorrow before my phone is gone for several weeks. I can't wait to share my experiences as I start BCT.

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment