Wednesday, July 6, 2011

02 July 2011

Today we woke up around 03:45. To our surprise we did not have to fall into formation until 06:15. I used this time to organize my locker to Army standard. I am going to try to take a pic before I leave to post here. The locker set-up is actually really efficient.

PT was at 06:30 to 08:00. I am glad we got to eat in the DFAC (Dining Facility) for chow this morning. Yesterday I had a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) full of beef brisket, mashed potatoes, and several other items.

After chow, the whole company (Bravo Company) went to the big classroom and had a briefing on how to disassemble, assemble, and take care of our M16 rifles. Very interesting class. There are so many parts to a M16 that I never knew about.

Unfortunately, we had an MRE for chow @ 12:30. I lucked up and got tuna so I was happy for the most part. We had another class after chow on the new "Don't ask don't tell" policy. Two hours worth of that will put you to sleep. For some people it did and that was not good considering the company 1st Sergeant was giving the class.

Last chow was @ 17:45 and then we were allowed to come back to the barracks and clean and straighten up everything.

We have been told to keep our wall lockers locked at all times. During inspection tonight the drill sergeants came in and destroyed our barracks because 3 people had their lockers unlocked. Picture a room 40'x80' with 30 bunk beds and 60 wall lockers. They turned over every bunk bed, threw sheets, blankets and pillow all over the room, sprayed the whole bay down with shaving cream. I can't even hardly describe it. I hope to get some pics of that too.

Lights out tonight @ 21:30. I think I may go to church again. Nice break from the chaos.

No comments:

Post a Comment