Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Equipment Issue Day

01 July 2011

Today was a pretty slack day at BCT. Wake up was a 0400 and we went straight to PT. PT was over around 0600 and the whole company loaded buses and was taken a few blocks to get our gear. The gear is called the TA-50 and it consists of bullet proof vests, rain gear, elbow & knee pads, ruck sack (backpack), assault pack, two sleeping bags, Gortex jacket, and many other items. All of the gear weights around 75-80 lbs and we had to carry all of it .75 miles. I thought that was hard until I found out that in week 9 we have a 9 mile march in all of our gear. Should be fun in August! Our platoon is getting "smoked" by the drill sergeants constantly. Mainly for things like not paying attention or not saying drill sergeant by saying "sir". Overall, our drill sergeants are really fair and I like all of them. Also, today, we were issued our M16A4. We will be carrying this everywhere we go (chow, latrine, anytime were are no in the barracks). I have never been too big on guns (knowledge that is), so this should be interesting. I feel like I am getting into shape. I think I lost around 5 lbs today because it was so hot and we were outside pretty much all day. 2100 was lights out. We were told to drink a canteen of water because tomorrow we will need it! Hopefully we will be doing something fun! Good night from Ft. Benning, GA.

No comments:

Post a Comment