Saturday, July 2, 2011

First Full Day of BCT

29 June 2011

04:00 was wake-up. I only got about 3 hours of sleep, I guess from being in a new place along with lots of anticipation. We dressed in our PT gear and did what the Army calls a 1-1-1 test or the PT assessment. Push-ups for 1 minute, sit-ups for 1 minute and the 1 mile run. I did 38 push ups, 35 sit ups, and ran a 6:13 mile. We were then led in a series of exercises to Army standard. Chow came @ 08:00. The day was a full of mandatory classes; basically Army 101 with the obvious Equal Opportunity and sexual harassment class. Dinner chow came at 1800 hours. We went back out to the PT field and were taught more PT exercises/stretches. Again we did the moving shower line and were bunked @ 2100 hours.

I got appointed Platoon leader because of my OCS status, not my age (lol). Actually, there is a 42 year old guy in my platoon who is in much better shape than most of the 18-19 year olds. My job as Platoon leader is simple (well not really). I have to assign duties and brief the drill sergeants on counts, sick calls, supplies. etc. I am sure more duties will be assigned as time progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment