Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Qualification Practice

23 July 2011

Hot day at Ft. Benning today! Wake up @ 0400, PT @ 0515 and breakfast @ 0800. The company was bused to the practice range @ 0900 to practice on the pop-up targets with our M16. To qualify next week, we must hit 23 of 40 targets ranging from 50 meters to 300 meters; using only iron sights (no scope).

I had some good practice time. I shot about 120 rounds and did ok. I am confident I will qualify, but my goal is to hit at least 30. The M16 is a great shooting rifle. Not too much kick and very accurate. A lot of the drill sergeants like the M4 rifle (smaller, less bulky). I may just need to purchase one to practice and stay on top of my shooting skills.

Today is the end of the 5th week of training. Actually, 4 1/2 weeks. Only five more weeks of training and 3 recovery days for family day and graduation! Looking forward to that and being back in Athens with Jesica and friends! Hope all is well with everyone!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment