Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy 8th Month Anniversary to my Wife & more BRM

20 July 2011

First and foremost, I want to say that I have been married to my wife for eight months today! Thought about her a lot today and how this experience is making us both stronger as a person and a couple!

Day 3 of BRM; but no duty squad. I decided to take myself off duty squad for two reasons. I felt that I needed to spend more time in the bay with the platoon and I was also missing PT. Jesica always tells me I have too many irons in the fire, so I took her advice and relieved myself of Duty Squad.

Wake-up @ 0400 and PT @ 0545. Ate chow at the DRAC which was nice. We were at the LOMAH range today or "Location of Misses and Hits." This range was equipped with a sensor that told the drill sergeants where we were hitting and missing the target. We were zeroing our rifles at 175 meters and 300 meters. I am proud to report that I zeroed both targets in only 16 rounds. I could not believe it. I am not big on guns, so I was worried that I would have trouble zeroing. So talk about a confidence booster. We did learn some good techniques (breathing, trigger squeeze, etc) which played a huge role in zeroing. Looking forward to tomorrow!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment