Monday, July 11, 2011

First Aid Day!

07 July 2011

Woke up at 0400 this AM, with PT at 0530. Chow @ 0800 and at 0900 we went into the Battalion classroom for our first day of First Aid Training. Not much to report on this, other than that we have 3 days of it. We mainly covered combat scenarios, which was really cool. Hands-on training came in the afternoon, so we were not sitting the classroom all day. Short blog today since there is not much to report. I hope everyone is doing well. I did get some letters from my wife, Jesica, my mom and my boss, Julian. I was great getting updates from home. I feel like I am a million miles away, yet so close. So if you feel the urge to write, please do. I promise I will find time to write you back! Talk about putting things into perspective. I cannot tell you the last time I had hand written a letter before this. I am kind of getting the hang of it though.

Jesica did send me some pictures of us, Baxter (our golden retriever), and of her and Baxter. I slapped those things immediately on the inside of my locker so I could see them first and last thing everyday!

Everyone take care!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment