Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Army Physical Fitness Test 2

30 July 2011
Day 42

We were told wake-up was @ 0430 but the drill sergeants decided to wake us up 0345. I really did not mind because I was excited about the APFT 2. I started preparing for this several days ago by drinking several (3) canteens of water before bed.

We began the APFT 2  about 0530 with the pushups. We were doing this company wide (225 soldiers). So the whole process took a while. When my turn came I did 52 push-ups, which was ok-about a 20 % increase, which was good. When my turn for situps came I did 61. That was about a 22% increase. The highlight of the day came on the 2-mile run. Last time I ran a 14:27 2-mile. I was disappointed because I knew I could do better than that. This time I ran a 12:31, which maxed me out in the category for 100 points. I received a 72 and a 77 in the push ups and sit-ups respectively, for a total of 249. My goal was 230, so I got 19 points higher!  We have another one in 2 weeks and my goal is to get a 270 or higher. That would get me a PT patch to wear on my uniform. Also, it will look great for OCS (Officer Candidate School).

The rest of the day we did phase testing, which tests us over everything since day 1. I did well on that. Lights out at 21:00. Long day, so I hope to sleep well!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment