Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Saturday: Late Wake-up, Haircut and PX

6 August 2011
Day 49

I got my wish...almost! We had wake-up at 06:45 and chow at 08:00. At 09:00 we marched to a training site and conducted ECP (Entry Check Point) training. ECP is used to check, search, and clear any vehicle trying to enter a U.S. Military Base. We got to eat MREs, which, by the way, have become one of my favorite experiences at BCT.

At 13:00, we marched to the PX for a haircut and a few items to get us through the next few weeks. Fortunately, I was good on everything but laundry detergent and deodorant. I bought a few items I probably don't need just for the heck of it (Febreeze, baby powder, extra bug spray, etc). Actually, rumor is that if you sprinkle baby powder in your "hasty" on the FTX, the bugs will stay away! I will be trying it out on our last one. Should make for an interesting story!

Pretty much cleaned the rest of the evening and bunked at 21:00! Can't wait till tomorrow! A day of rest!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment