Saturday, August 6, 2011

A warm one in Columbus, GA

3 August 2011
Day 46

Wake up this AM was to a fire alarm going off at 0330. Apparently, some guy from another platoon thought the fire alarm was the light switch and he accidentally pulled it. And we are in what week now? Anyway, I slept really well and could have slept for several more hours. We had to be in formation about 0445 to begin our 8 mile ruck march at 0500. Took us about 3 hours to march the 8 miles. I will say until today I thought Columbus was relatively flat. I was wrong. It's very hilly on base. Reminds me a lot of Athens.

We got the news after chow that it was going to be a hot one. And boy was it. By 1600 today it was 110 degrees. I could not believe it, until I stepped outside.

We trained mostly inside today, starting our ARM or Advanced Rifle Marksmanship. We went over mostly lasers, night vision, and the proper sighting. Pretty calm day, but we were beat from the early AM march. Honestly, today was the first day out of 46 days where I wished I could have a couple of days to relax. Soon enough!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment