Saturday, August 6, 2011

FTX 2-Day 2

2 August 2011
Day 45

Wake up at 0400 and our orders were to pack our hear, conduct personal hygiene, fill in our holes, and stand by for further orders. Around 0745 we moved out of our patrol base to the TOC (Tactical Operations Center) to eat chow. The whole day was pretty much spend conducting battle drills (team assaults, ambushes, etc) Around 14:45 we had a leadership meeting with our senior drill sergeant. He told us we would be moving into blue phase soon and that would mean the leadership would basically be running everything. The group decided to change the leadership up a little bit. I nominated Colavito to be Platoon Guide and I said I would take Assistant Platoon Guide. I think Colavito makes a really good leader. He and I worked well together when I was PG and I know it will work the same when he is PG.

We boarded the buses around 16:00 to head back to the barracks. Everyone was tired, dirty and ready to get a good, hot meal and go to bed. That's pretty much what we did. We have our 8 mile "ruck" in the AM, so its going to be a early wake up call.

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment