Monday, August 1, 2011

A Visitation at 30th AG (Reception)

26 July 2011
Day 38

Early AM wake-up at 0345 with PT starting at 0445. The reason for this was that we visited the 30th AG today for our ASU fitting (dress uniforms). The ASU consists of blue trousers, black coat with gold buttons, what I like to call "tuxedo" shoes, and our black baret. Oh yeah, also a white shirt. The Army switched to these about a year ago from the green ones. I really like them. I think they look very sharp. These uniforms were tailored on site for us and the whole process took approximately 4 hours. We also received a black trench coat, black leather gloves and all the "brass" pins for our uniforms as well. The whole company finished around 15:30 and we took "trans" or buses back to our barracks.

The afternoon/late afternoon consisted of "battle drill" classes. Battle drills are tactical movements at the team, squad and platoon level. I will not go into detail on these because I took 3 pages of notes, so I may include this as a blog one Sunday.

Tomorrow is BRM (rifle qualification). Wish the platoon luck for 100% qualification! Hope all is well!

Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment